James McAvoy And Bill Hader Could Be Heading To Derry
Two new big names may be joining the Losers Club: according to Variety, James McAvoy and Bill Hader are in talks to join the cast of the upcoming It sequel.
If it all goes through, McAvoy would be playing adult Bill Denbrough, played by Jaeden Lieberher in last September’s It: Chapter One. Hader would play Richie Tozier, previously played by Finn Wolfhard.
It: Chapter Two, The Details So Far
Negotiations are reportedly still in the very early stages, but here’s what we know about the sequel so far:
- Andy Muschietti will be back as director, with Gary Dauberman back as screenwriter.
- “Chapter Two” will follow the second half of Stephen King’s novel, focusing on the Losers Club’s return to Derry as adults.
- Bill Skarsgård will definitely be back to play Pennywise.
- Jessica Chastain will definitely be playing adult Beverly Marsh, previously played by Sophia Lillis.
- The release date has been set for September 6, 2019.
Other than that, details surrounding the It sequel remain a mystery (the script hasn’t even been finalized yet).
McAvoy And Chastain Address Latest Casting News
While McAvoy’s involvement hasn’t been confirmed officially, the actor seemed to drop a hint, via Instagram, that it was, in fact, actually happening:
Chastain, who previously starred with McAvoy in 2014's The Disappearance Of Eleanor Rigby, also seemed to vaguely confirm the news:
As for Hader, the SNL alum has no social media, so it’s hard to know what he thinks of the news.