For many, Valentine's Day is a National Holiday where two people celebrate their love. They exchange gifts, kisses and there's a lot of chocolate involved. It is a beautiful and romantic day!
If you're single though, there's only one way to describe Valentine's Day.
Love is in the air, and you are disgusted. So, to celebrate with all my fellow single ladies (or even dudes out there), here are 8 things that you will definitely do on Valentine's Day.
1. You'll wake up and realize that no matter how you try to avoid it, you're going to experience Valentine's Day. You'll go outside and see everyone holding hands, buying chocolates and sharing kisses, making you dead inside.
2. As you go out to the convenience store, simply to buy some more Tide and a toothbrush, you go to thecounter to check out, where they ask if that extra thing of chocolate you're buying is for your boyfriend/girlfriend/significant other.
3. You get home, throw all of your stuff down and proceed directly to your bed. The laptop comes flying out, and you turn it to Netflix and put on one of the saddest movies. As you liethere, crying your eyes out, the big box of 24 heart-shaped chocolates flies open.
4. Soon after the credits roll on The Notebook, you realize that you invited your friends over for an Anti-Valentine's Day Party. However, not even your friends can save you from what you've become on this wretched day.
5. After an awkward but somewhat successful anti-love dinner, you return to your room. No music, no movies, no chocolate. You sit there and actually realize that you have no love life.
6. Once you're finished crying, you have second dinner. You know, because you deserve it for not being in love.
7. It's about 8 p.m., which means that it's time to definitely stalk what everyone did for Valentine's Day. You're disgusted.
8. You go to sleep, happy that you won't need to experience this... at least for another 365 days. You may have lost this Valentine's Day, but you'll get 'em next time!