Sadly, autopsy reports confirm that actress Amanda Peterson, who was found dead in her Greeley, Colorado home on July 5th, suffered an accidental overdose as cause of death.
Peterson was an 1980s actress who shot to fame thanks to her role in the movie, Can't Buy Me Love. According to the coroner's report, Peterson ingested a large amount of drugs, including morphine, to control pain she had been experiencing. TMZ reports that she died after her respiratory system stopped working. Other drugs found in her system included phenothiazine, benzodizepine, various opiates and Gabapentin, which was found in an amount six times the regular dose.
When police discovered Peterson's body, the door was unlocked and the actress was already dead inside. At this time, it was unclear of where her husband and two children were.
The coroner's report directly contradicts the statements from Peterson's family, who claim that the actress had a drug problem in the past, but she was now clean.