America's Next Top Model is back, and so is the endless drama: from dollar-store crowns (we know it's fake, Bello) to breast implants, this season is already proving to be one of the most rowdiest yet. Even more so with the banishment of the dreaded height limit, but hey, good for Tyra to break down more walls, am I right?
Beginning with 31 fabulous models from all walks of life, they had their first photoshoot on top of a double-decker bus in Hollywood with creative consultant, Yu Tsai. Right after, a not-so-secret challenge requiring the contestants to strut their stuff while people distracted them.
Pro Tip: strutting your stuff does not mean you're in a Maybelline commercial or that you're taking dance classes, okay?
After hearing a few tragic life-stories and seeing some very unique personalities (I'm looking at you again, Bello), the 22 models were selected by finding their balls in a foam pit, literally. As for the other nine who were eliminated, there was this one tall girl in particular who claims she wasn't conceited, but felt like there was something wrong. Okay, you don't like how some of the shorter contestants made it to the next round, so what? Just because you're tall doesn't mean anything in this competition, hun. Also, feel free to crack open a dictionary and look up the word 'conceited' before you try to use it again.
With that, here's the top five participants that stood out to me the most:
5. Mickey: While he does look like one of those bad boy types, he's actually breaking away from that mold. Good for him. Also, bonus points for working with Kate Moss in the past.
4. Mamé: Her skin got Tyra's gaping for more. Looks like I'm about to go get me some beauty products tonight.aq
3. Ashley: I personally was deeply touched by her life story, and not to mention, but she's the winner of week 1's best photo.
2. Justin: An Asian hunk, he makes walking look effortless and cool. Did I mention those cheekbones? He's a living example that it's okay to deter from the typical Asian stereotype.
1. Nyle: He may be deaf, but he's signing his way into our hearts, even through PR Kelly's.
Now it's your turn, PopWrappers. Who stood out to you the most? Leave your comments down below!