Appearance
photo 2 options
  • Logo

    Uploading…
    Photo Uploaded
    Error!
  • Footer Logo

    Uploading…
    Photo Uploaded
    Error!
color 6 options

Success!

Your settings have been saved.

PopWrapped | Technology

An 8th Grader Is Treated For Burns After Her iPhone Bursts Into Flames

PopWrapped | PopWrapped Author

PopWrapped

Updated 02/7/2014 11:22am
An 8th Grader Is Treated For Burns After Her iPhone Bursts Into Flames
Media Courtesy of imore.com

Tamara Sestanj

Staff Writer

An eighth-grader in Maine was treated for burns after her pants caught on fire due to a malfunction with her iPhone that caused it to blow up in her pocket! "Immediately, smoke starts billowing from around the student. She knew right away something was wrong and, in a panic, knew her pants were on fire caused by the cellphone. It was sensitive. She knew she was kind of in a tough situation,” said Principal Jeffery Rodman. She reacted quickly and ran to the corner of the classroom to take off her pants, a teacher came to her aid and wrapped her in a blanket before rescue workers arrived. Students were evacuated and the windows had to be opened because of smoke. The girl was treated for minor burns on her back and thigh in hospital and was released 45 minutes later. It is believed that the pressure of the girl sitting on the phone caused the battery to malfunction. Two similar instances, both in the Czech Republic, were reported when the batteries in their iPhone 3GSses ballooned up to double the size and broke the cases of the phones.   Keep Up With PopWrapped On The Web! http://www.PopWrapped.com http://www.Twitter.com/PopWrapped http://www.SoundCloud.com/PopWrapped http://www.Popwrapped.Tumblr.com http://www.Facebook.com/PopWrapped http://www.Instagram.com/PopWrapped http://www.Pinterest.com/PopWrapped http://www.YouTube.com/PopWrapped  
Share
Tags

Are you sure you want to delete this?

ConfirmCancel