Remember the day when boy bands were in? To celebrate the potential reunion of pop band *NSYNC at the MTV VMA’s on August 25th here are the top 5 magazine covers they appeared on.
1. The reason I chose the Rolling Stone magazine cover is because it was a big step for *NSYNC to be featured on such a huge magazine. The magazine had called the band one of the biggest in the world at the time and the pop group was the making of teen-sweetheart Justin Timberlake. Overall it was one of the most important magazine covers they were on.
2. The reason why I chose the Seventeen magazine cover is because who else loved the band more than teenagers? There were adult fans, kid fans, but teenagers were their main demographic. They happened to show up to the photo-shoot on time like normal people. Justin and Chris showed up on motorcycles instead of a limo. This was probably a fun photo-shoot to do which is why I love this cover!
3. The reason why I chose the Teen People magazine cover is because it’s another teen magazine but their look for it was a little more bad boy. A lot of girls like that look so they probably wanted to represent it in some way. This is when *NSYNC’s career really started to take off after the release of “Bye Bye Bye”. So this was when they were still getting used to the fame and the crazy fangirls.
4. The reason I chose the Cosmo Girl magazine cover is because this magazine is catered to girls, their main demographic, and the look for the cover was a little more laidback and calm. The band members were in a green or white t-shirt. Everything about this one was just super sweet.
5. The reason I chose the Bop magazine cover is because in the past with many other celebrities this is usually a really fun photo shoot. The look for this cover was more fun and colorful. This is a popular magazine for tweens and kids to read. The interviews for Bop are usually fun as well.
I remember when I was younger I would go insane for this band. I loved them to pieces. I bought every album too. I was just like every other girl in love with them; fangirling like crazy. I unfortunately never got the chance to see them live, but to hear that they are doing a reunion after so many years at the MTV VMAs gets me so excited. I have been waiting for this moment to happen. Whether it would be a one time performance or a whole album it’s great news to hear. So cheers to the reunion coming up!