Another season of Dancing With The Stars is almost upon us. The show is going into its 23rd season, which is quite a feat. Even if you don't actively watch the show, it's always a good idea to take a peek at who the newest roster of stars is, because each season provides some interesting and unexpected contenders. The thirteen stars taking the dance floor this season are as follows:
1. Jake T Austin. The Wizards Of Waverly Place star is now 21 years old and will be partnered with Jenna Johnson.
2. Ryan Lochte. Yup, the American gold medal swimmer who recently has made headlines with his scandal in Rio is partnering with Cheryl Burke this season.
3. Vanilla Ice. 90's pop-star and now home renovator is partnered with Whitney Carson. Will they be dancing to "Ice Ice Baby"? I think that'd be nice, nice, maybe.
4. Calvin Johnson Jr. He played Wide Receiver in the NFL for the Detroit Lions, but is now using his nimble football skills when partnered with Lindsay Arnold.
5. Kenny Edmonds. Better known as Babyface, this singer and producer is partnered with Allison Holker.
6. Amber Rose. This model and activist never shies from the spotlight, so hopefully she'll be able to succeed on the dance floor with partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy.
7. James Hinchcliffe. Known for driving race cars in the Indycar Series, we have to wonder, can his feet move as fast as his cars? He's partnered with Sharna Burgess.
8. Marilu Henner. The actress and author is partnered with star pro dancer Derek Hough.
9. Laurie Hernandez. Fresh from winning a silver and gold medal in Rio, the American gymnast is partnered with Valentin Chmerkovskiy.10. Jenna Kramer. She's a country singer who has opened for Blake Shelton. Her pro partner is Gleb Savchenko. 11. Terra Jolé. This actress is best known for starring on reality show Little Women: LA, and she's partnered with Sasha Farber.
12. Maurine McCormick. "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!" Yes, The Brady Bunch star is in the running, partnered with Artem Chigvintev.
13. Rick Perry. Former Air Force vet and former Governor of Texas is currently partnered with Emma Slater.
There you have it, folks! A great mix of athletes, musicians, actresses and more complete the season 23 cast of Dancing With The Stars.
The show premiers on Monday, September 12th. Any bets as to who'll take home the Mirrorball?