How I Met Your Mother returns for its ninth and final season in September. It looks as though there may be a few familiar faces returning.
If you aren’t a fan of spoilers, avert your eyes now…
Wayne Brady, who plays James Stinson, Barney’s half-bother, made his return to the show announcement via twitter yesterday “
The news of Brady’s return isn’t exactly what one could call shocking, as the entirety of Season 9 will take place over the weekend of Barney and Robin’s wedding, and one could logically assume that Barney would want his (half) brother to be in attendance.
In addition to the return of James Stinson, here’s what’s been revealed so far about season nine.
- Episode 1 will be titled “The Locket” and Episode 2 will be called “Coming Back”
- The premiere on September 23 will be one hour long
- ‘The Mother’, Cristin Milioti, will be a series regular in the 9th season
- Each of the main cast members, Marshall, Lily, Barney and Robin will meet her (The Mother), throughout the season, while Ted will meet her last.
- Season nine will feature time jumps, flashbacks and flashforwards.
How I Met Your Mother returns to CBS, Monday, September 23rd at 8pm ET