Staff WriterWith its long-awaited sequel underway, we are happy to provide you with ten unrevealed facts about the first film, Pitch Perfect, to tide you over until the next a capella battle!
1. All the talented cast members were required to successfully sing a song of their choice for their audition. Adam Devine sang the Family Matters theme song. Random? Rebel Wilson sang Lady Gaga's "Edge of Glory." We can totally see Rebel confidently belting out the lyrics to a Lady Gaga jam.
2. For a month, the entire cast took part in a singing/dancing bootcamp. Now we can see why the cast sang and danced incredibly.
3. At first, there were 17 songs in the Riff-Off scene rather than eight. Maybe some of those songs will be in the sequel? The scene was also filmed at the early hour of three in the morning in an old, empty outdoor pool. We can all agree this was one of the best scenes in the movie.
4. The comical Parks and Recreation star, Amy Poehler, and the Bridesmaid's witty woman, Kristen Wiig, were considered for Elizabeth Banks' role. Would the movie have been even more funny if either Wiig or Poehler were apart of the film?
5. Speaking of Amy Poehler, the character "Fat Amy" is derived from a nickname Poehler called herself when she was pregnant. Were you as shocked as we were when you read that?
6. Another shocking fact: "Cups" was never supposed to be in the film. Yes, you read that right. Anna Kendrick said she saw a viral video on Reddit and she spent a whole afternoon perfecting it. When producers found out, they said they wanted that in the movie. Originally, Kendrick was going to do a "I'm a Little Tea Cup" or something similar. Kendrick said in an interview, "It was supposed to be weird and funny and the second that they saw me do that, they were like, “Okay. That’s your audition song.”
7. Singer-Songwriter Ester Dean, who performs "S&M," actually wrote the song for Rihanna. Not only did she write songs for Rihanna but big superstars such as Christina Aguilera, Katy Perry, Keri Hilson, Beyoncé, Mary J. Blige, Usher, Kelly Clarkson, Brittany Spears, and Selena Gomez.
8. Another song that wasn't supposed to be in the movie was "No Diggity." A lot of the original songs that were written in the script were not in the movie. We hope that these songs will have an appearance in the sequel!
9. Anytime Anna Kendrick sings along in the film she was singing live on set. Similar to the movie Les Mes,, all the songs were sung on set and not in a studio.
10. You know that really adorable scene when Anna Kendrick's character and Skylar Astin's character watch The Breakfast Club on Astin's laptop? Well it originally was supposed to be the movie Say Anything.
Well ladies and gents, we hope you enjoyed these whacky facts as much as we did! Until then, stay tuned for Pitch Perfect 2, set to be released in 2015! Keep Up With PopWrapped On The Web!