When J.T. was chosen by Robert Roldan to be in the Top 10 on So You Think You Can Dance: The Next Generation, America squealed with delight. What we didn't know yet though, was that J.T. Church, the youngest SYTYCD contestant ever, would steal our hearts not only with cuteness, but with emotion beyond his years.
The bond between J.T. and Robert has become tangible for viewers everywhere, and though we are also in awe of the other unbelievably talented final contestants: Tate, Kida, and Emma, our love for the J.T./Robert duo is unparalleled.
Here are just of a few of the reasons why you should be obsessed too...
5) They love reaching out to their fans on social media with behind-the-scenes exclusives. Their Periscopes are hilarious, and in addition to J.T. trying to get Robert some hot dates via the video-feed, fans are able to get an inside look at their pre-performance routine.
4) Even though there's more than a decade between them, they're both young and spirited at heart. Their energy is contagious, and they have a certain kind of spunk that we just love! Did we mention they even have minion onesies?
3) The SASS! They sync with one another on stage so well, and after J.T. had been nicknamed by Robert as his "monkey," they were promptly tasked to dance as Aladdin and Abu.
2) The emotion that these two bring to the stage each week continues to blow our minds. The maturity and storytelling between the pair is unique to the SYTYCD franchise, and we're not ready for it to be over. And their dance technique? Just gorgeous.
1) The friendship between them will make you wish you had a mentor like Robert in your life. They might be dancing as part of a competition, but it's become clear over the past few weeks that, most importantly, they're dancing for each other.
The season finale of So You Think You Can Dance: The Next Generation airs Monday, September 12th on FOX! We're cheering for you, J.T.!