Don't stop believing, Gleeks! E! is reporting exclusively
that four of Glee
's original cast members (who, incidentally, were missing from the original final season roster) will in fact be returning for the series' final thirteen episodes as guest stars.
Who are these original New Directions members, you may ask? None other than Mark Salling, Jayma Mayes, Jenna Ushkowitz and Dianna Agron. Of the four, only Ushkowitz was a series regular last season, and the fate of the other three has been uncertain...until now.
Dianna actually tweeted a vague message with a picture stating,
Oh, and this one too. She's a sneaky one, isn't she?!
While I love Tina, Emma and Puck; I am most excited about the return of Quinn Fabray-the delectably manipulative head Cheerio who has had us scratching our heads and screeching at the television since the show's inception.
Show sources say that Jenna will begin shooting in the next two weeks while Dianna and Mark will start filming their parts this month. While a filming time-frame has not been revealed for when Jayma will return to the set, it has been confirmed that she will definitely be there (hopefully with a cute little butt-chinned, curly-haired baby in tow!).
Ryan Murphy has previously stated that any and everyone is welcome back to the set for the final season; but does that offer extend to Naya Rivera? Word is that she'll be around in some capacity, but unless she's in full-on Santana mode, I'd rather her not be there at all. I just hope Ryan doesn't do her dirty in the name of Lea Michele.
So, what do we know so far about the final season? Let's do a little recap, shall we?
- There will be a time-hop of some sort that will work around Rachel Berry crawling back to Lima in shame after her career goes in the toilet. Her new mission is to try and salvage the floundering New Directions.
- Pretty much everyone will be back, including the four mentioned above and Lea Michele (obvs), Chris Colfer, Matthew Morrison, Jane Lynch, Dot-Marie Jones, Chord Overstreet, Darren Criss, Amber Riley and Kevin McHale (but where's Mike O'Malley and Romy Rosemont?!).
- Max Adler will be back to reprise his role as bully-turned-good-guy, Dave Karofsky. Rumor has it he will be Blaine's boyfriend. You can imagine how well THAT particular nugget has gone over.
- There will apparently be five new McKinley sophomores; which, yaaaaawn. I mean, we've done that all before. I'm much rather just know the fate of Kitty, Unique, Marley, Jake and Ryder.
- We may see some big-name guest stars once more. Please let it be Kristin Chenoweth and/or Idina Menzel!
Ryan Murphy promises that this final installation of the groundbreaking series will be all about the fans. However, if he TRULY does intend to make it so Blaine and Karofsky are together, then I believe it's safe to say his idea of what the fans want is more than a little skewed.
So what do you think, Gleeks? Are you concerned that Naya's name doesn't appear anywhere on these lists? Are you still devastated by the possibility that Kurt and Blaine won't get their happily-ever-after? Be sure to let us know in the comments!
Keep Up With PopWrapped On The Web!