1. Fancy by Iggy Azalea feat. Charli XCXI tried to fight it. I tried so very hard not to fall in love with this song, but the beat got to me first. This is one of those tracks that, when you're feeling down and out, you turn this up and start singing into a hairbrush. Plus I love when a song features two strong females, showing off what we can do with no apologies.
2. Problem by Ariana Grande feat. Iggy AzaleaI tried to fight this too, because, I'll admit, I'm not an Ariana fan. However, the girl does have a killer voice, and joining forces with Iggy was a genius move. It has a carefree vibe, which is enough to make it a hot summer song, but Iggy's edge makes it that much hotter.
3. Rude by Magic!This song thoroughly confused me at first, and it took me forever to realize that he was singing the song to his girlfriend's father. But you just can't help but sing along with it, and the reggae vibe that drops during the chorus? Amazing.
4. Show Me by Kid Ink feat. Chris BrownThis is one of those songs that I would completely ignore were it just rap, but whatever your personal feelings about Chris Brown, he's unbelievably talented. Attach his vocals to a song, and you have an almost-instant hit.
5. Loyal by Chris Brown feat. Lil Wayne and French MontanaThe completely misogynist undertone of the lyrics aside, the beat of this song gets a party going. There's nothing better than a song that everyone can sing along to in unison, and this is just one of them. Plus Chris knocks out some choreography in the video that only solidifies his talent.
6. Classic by MKTOThis is one of my favorite songs and videos of all time. Malcolm and Tony knew exactly what they were doing by releasing this song; what woman wouldn't appreciate a gentleman who told her she's a timeless beauty? Cue hearts melting everywhere.
7. Talk Dirty by Jason Derulo feat. 2 ChainzThis is becoming the story of my summer: I tried to fight this one too. But the producers know what they're doing with these beats! And, like "Loyal", it's fun to sing at parties.
8. Somebody to You by The Vamps feat. Demi LovatoIf this doesn't personify summer, I don't know what does. Just look at the music video: sun, sand, gorgeous guys, pretty girls, and falling in love. And if you like to pretend you're a guitarist rocking out to a sold-out arena, this is totally the best song to do it with. Not that I've ever...anyway.
9. She Looks So Perfect by 5 Seconds Of SummerThis Aussie band has taken the American charts by storm with their good looks and goofy personalities. And as much as I will never understand the music video, I spent a good couple of weeks playing the song on repeat. It's catchy and fun to dance to. What more do you need? One of them can show up at my front door with a shiny diamond ring and a plane ticket any time.
10. Latch by Disclosure feat. Sam SmithI did say in no particular order, but I'm slightly guilty of saving the best for last in this case. I don't even know what words to use to describe how incredible this song is. Sam Smith hypnotizes with his soulful voice, and combined with the fantastic beat the Disclosure brothers created? It can only be described as heaven on Earth. This song will most definitely bring me back to the summer of 2014 every single time.
Keep Up With PopWrapped On The Web!