photo 2 options
  • Logo

    Photo Uploaded
  • Footer Logo

    Photo Uploaded
color 6 options


Your settings have been saved.

Current Events PopWrapped | Current Events

Pop Of Weird: Mummified Woman Found In Her Garage, 6 Years After She Died!

PopWrapped | PopWrapped Author


03/08/2014 9:29 pm
PopWrapped | Current Events
Pop Of Weird: Mummified Woman Found In Her Garage, 6 Years After She Died!

Tarra Matthews

Senior Manager


Chalk this story up to a mixture of modern conveniences and busy lives I suppose. In a world of online banking, it's not uncommon for people to have their bank accounts automatically set up to withdrawal the amounts required for bills and other regular payments. In the case of a Pontiac, Michigan woman, it may have been her auto-payments and sizeable bank account balance that contributed to the fact that no one knew she had been dead for the last 6 years. The woman, believed to be Pia Farrenkopf, would be 49 if she was alive today. Her neighbours said that Farrenkopf was often travelling for weeks or months at a time so not seeing her was not an unusual occurrence. One of her neighbours had even taken to mowing her lawn for her so there was no outwardly signs that the home's owner was not actually even alive. Even her mail was collected up for her by the post office - Farrenkopf worked for a big bank that saw her travelling internationally more often than actually being home. It wasn't until Farrenkopf's $54,000 bank account ran out of funds and the bank foreclosed on her home that things started to unravel. The bank sent a contractor to fix a hole in the roof of her house and it was him who discovered the body in the back seat of her Jeep which was parked in the garage, keys half in the ignition. An autopsy revealed no signs of trauma to the body, the skin is intact, with just her internal organs decomposed. But how does someone go unnoticeably 'missing' for years? Pia's neighbours noted that the women kept to herself and some even thought she had moved back to her native Germany. Their question was why hadn't her employer or family checked in on her? Pia's employer noted that the last time she was seen at work was September 2008. Farrenkopf's sister said that whenever she tried to call her sister the phone would just ring and ring and she would just hang up. Pia Farrenkopf's mother even remarried three years ago, without one of her children in attendance. Speaking with WXYZ, Edward Carroll, Pia's step-father, said that Pia's wedding invitation went unanswered, “I tried to find her through the Internet and everything and I never could find her.  And I wrote a letter a couple times and I think some of them came back. Her mother hadn’t heard from her for years and years.  A lot of her children, in fact, her oldest child, she hadn’t seen her probably in 30 years." The next step for the Pontiac authorities is to use dental records to positively identify the body as that of Pia Farrenkopf. The authorities are also waiting for a toxicology report which could take 4-6 weeks to come back. Keep Up With PopWrapped On The Web!



Are you sure you want to delete this?