Senior Staff Writer
@ShaneAveryWHAT. A. NIGHT!!!!! Yours truly spent last night surveying the Internet and witnessing some STELLAR red carpet arrivals to the 2014 Met Gala. From absolute gems, to some stars completely crashing and burning, there is MUCH to be talked about. I'll be running through my Top 5 BEST dressed, and Top 5 WORST dressed and of course giving each celebrity a grade. Ready? Let's start with the top 5 best:
5. Idina Menzel
GRADE - A
4. Dita Von TeeseTo be fair, this woman always looks incredible, and last night was no exception!!! In her striking Zac Posen mermaid gown, the legendary Burlesque performer looked stunning from head to toe. I think what really sold me on the dress was the color. She looks flawless, as usual. Anyone else wanna see her dirty it up sometime? No. That's not allowed to happen.
GRADE - A
3. Rita OraI can't get over this. Pretty sure I started screaming in joy when I caught the first photo of her online. Singer Rita Ora delivered another Donna Karan Atelier gown and I'm IN LOVE. She stuck with the ball gown theme but also WORKED the ensemble. The leg, the hot red lip... I understand that some people may not like this, but I can't get enough of it - just flawless!
GRADE - A-
2. Blake LivelyThis is another woman who rarely misses on the red carpet. Mrs. Ryan Gosling looked stunning in her Gucci gown. The train on the gown really added another level to it and the color is perfect on her. I have to give MAJOR props to her hair stylist as well because she looked incredible.
GRADE - A-
1. RihannaSEX KITTEN!! Nobody else really mattered on the red carpet once Rihanna arrived because the singer looked RIDICULOUSLY fabulous. It may not have been your typical ball gown, but she worked the hell out of her Stella McCartney dress. Her hair all teased up like it was, was a perfect styling. The dress fit her like a glove and I can't rave about this enough.
GRADE - A+Time for the best part of these though, THE WORST DRESSED!!! This was kind of difficult because there were A LOT of misses last night, but I've narrowed them down to 5.
5. Lena DunhamCan the Girls star just stay home from now on? She shouldn't be allowed to buy a ticket to the Met Gala. The actress looked like she belonged at an MTV event in her Giambattista Valli Haute Couture. This was NOT acceptable for the evening. No. Just no.
GRADE - D
4. Mary Kate & Ashley OlsenYou know, for being two tiny fashion empire moguls, they really don't have a clue what to wear to events do they? The infamous Olsen twins look like they threw on the bed comforters and a couple drapes and attempted to tailor it. Not impressed.
GRADE - D
3. Neil Patrick Harris & David BurtkaThis hurts me. I adore these two, but I really can't figure out what they were thinking. Trying to dress on the edge? Be different from your typical tux? I don't know the reasons, but it was awful. And can someone PLEASE tell me what the HELL Neil did to his hair!?
GRADE - F
2. Maggie GyllenhaalMY EYES!! Maggie decided to go with a Valentino gown, and that print is an absolute eyesore. Her figure just disappears into the dress and the fit is very strange. Again, that print?
GRADE – F
1. Katie HolmesAttempting to channel Belle from Beauty & the Beast are we Katie? Here's some advice: Find a dress that accentuates your body, don't fold the dress into tiny squares before you put it on, and wash your damn hair. The mess of a Marchesa gown did the former Mrs. Tom Cruise absolutely zero favors and while I will admit that there were crazier outfits on the red carpet last night, Katie looked the absolute worst for me.
GRADE - FAnd now for your help. I'm torn on my beloved Lupita Nyong'o and want to hear from all of you. While I think she looked daring, and different, it didn't really fit the theme of the night. What do you guys think of Lupita's flapper girl Prada look? Keep Up With PopWrapped On The Web!