Did anyone feel like the energy of the season took a serious dip on this week's episode, "Contact?"
When the writers brought David Clarke back from the dead in the 3rd season finale, yours truly was the first to call the show out on some ridiculous story telling, but when the 4th kicked off?
Things actually clicked, and the series felt rejuvenated and back to the glory days of season 1.
Tonight's episode packed in even more back story and I for one began to get a tad confused by what was happening. The action picked right up where we left off with David getting Victoria to the hospital after she was electrocuted by the storm when getting into her car.
Emily blasted her father for helping her enemy, and David didn't like what he saw in his daughter. He was convinced this was not the same girl he raised.
WELL NO SHIT.
This is now the woman who has spent the recent years of her life fighting for a man she thought was dead and no longer recognizes.
When father/daughter finally got a chance to talk about what happened and where the pictures came from, David confessed (hopefully the truth):
He was shown the photos by his captor and ordered to do their bidding and stay away from his daughter, who he thought was happily married to Jack.
Now, this is my problem:
There are people now after David trying to take him back, and David is still telling everyone he had nothing to do with Conrad's death. We the viewers know that's a lie.
David tried to tell Emily to stay out of his business because he doesn't want her to get hurt, but she pushed forward and in the closing moments, revealed that she had captured one of the men to try and figure out who he is working with.
It feels like an extension of season 2 when the Initiative was involved, and that story line was a complete bore and a stretch on the series. David revealing his death in prison was faked to get him out to help with a bigger story?
UGH UGH UGH.
This is why David is pushing Emily away, trying to keep her safe. This is the same girl who can fight like a ninja, and cleared David's name.
So who is the man BEHIND the man with the crescent moon tattoo?
And do we really care? With David alive, the show has mapped out a different endgame to the series, and I'm not sure I'm totally on board.
What did you guys think of David/Emily in this episode?
1. I'm not sure I'm the only one noticing, but are the writers preparing to get Emily/Daniel back together?! I'm not sure I can get behind that...
2. Victoria was playing her usual mind games in this episode, but she actually came clean when David asked if she knew Emily was Amanda. I was very impressed. However, was she telling the truth about Daniel? Did she really turn on David to save Daniel instead?
3. Another week, and another week I'm LOVING everything Margaux does!!!
4. Can we ship Louise back to wherever she came from? Ugh
5. Jack and the FBI agent? Do we like this?
6. Ben's gotten very annoying.
Keep Up With PopWrapped On The Web!