Staff Writerrevealed some brand new updates including a brand new update for iPhones. Different features will be added or improved, including:
- A new time-lapse feature for the camera.
- A new photos app that will allow for more storage and editing options.
- A new app called Healthkit, which will allow you to store health information, as well as receive notifications for your health provider.
- A new option called Handoff, which allows you to move objects like emails and messages between your iPhone, Mac and iPad. This will allow the device to remember what you did on another device and let you continue working on another.
- iPhone to Mac messaging, which will allow you to reply to messages (including SMS messages) from your Mac. Users would also be able to call from their Mac using their phone connection.
- Airdop will be updated to share files with other devices in the same WiFi network.
- Deleting email will be easier with just a swipe to the left. A smoother slide will also remove any flags on the email.
- Replying to notifications will no longer require you to leave apps and you can now reply to things through the lock screen.
- Spotlight will allow users to find movies, TV shows, and apps that are recommended for them and let them know what's popular nearby.
- Messenger will include a “Do Not Disturb” option for conversations and the ability to share your location. Also, a new option will allow for messages to be sent for a short amount of time before it gets deleted, like SnapChat.
- Calls over WiFi will also be added; however, this feature will only be available on certain service providers.
- A new braille keyboard will be added for blind iPhone users which will make things much easier for them.
- Messenger will also learn your writing style, including how your writing style changes when writing to different people. The keyboard will use a word predictor similar to those on an Android that will make typing words faster.
- Siri will no longer require you to hold the home button and will activate itself by simply saying “Hey Siri.”
- A new 3D graphics engine will be added as well, which will make all of your apps look better than ever!
- Touch ID will allow you to lock your apps and require your fingerprint to open them.