If you love a good nightmare with your cup of coffee in the morning, then you must have loved flipping on the television to the usually innocuous Today Show yesterday morning. In honor of Halloween and the new Peanuts film due out soon, the gang all dressed up as everyone's favourite sad sack, Charlie Brown, and his friends. The result was a bit more terrifying than I imagined they intended.
You have been warned.
A couple of notes for anyone wanting to dress up as Peanuts characters tonight:
1. Just because your chosen character has a couple of squiggly lines for hair does NOT mean that you need to recreate the look with worms or chocolate sauce (I'm being generous here) on your head.
2. You can even dress as the animal characters without being terrifying.
3. Human ears are actually okay.
4. Don't dress as a kite. It's weird.
5. Don't be Kathie Lee Gifford.
I knew a guy in school who dressed as Charlie Brown at least twice to perform a monologue in our drama club, and it was incredible. You know what he didn't do? He didn't scare the bejeezus out of everyone.
The Today folks had at least one fan of their costumes (or maybe the Peanuts folks just felt guilty after all the effort that clearly went into those costumes really early in the morning):
— PEANUTS (@Snoopy) October 30, 2015
If you're a bit of a sadist and just really want to see the rest of the costumes, check out the slideshow below. Please, please tell me you'll be dressing as something else tonight. Please.[gallery type="slideshow" ids="114065,114064,114063,114062,114061,114060,114059,114058,114057,114056,114054,114055"]