Michael Rooker has brought some iconic characters to the screen over the years, most recently Yondu in Guardians of the Galaxy. We believe he is underrated and we are going to tell you why. Keep reading and we will tell you the 10 things, though there are so many more, that make Michael Rooker so amazing. This man is a true talent!
1. Let’s start with the obvious: Yondu. Rooker brought Yondu to life in the Guardians films and he showed us so many angles to his character that by the end we found ourselves loving him. Yondu could be a one dimensional character but Rooker brings him to life and we hope the Infinity Wars rumors are true and he’ll be back again.
2. Another outstanding character brought to life by Rooker as Merle Dixon, Daryl’s brother on The Walking Dead. Merle was a man that was so easy to hate when he first appeared in season 1 but by the time of his departure in season 3, we were sobbing. Rooker has an amazing talent for playing bad guys who aren’t so bad after all and he’s as easy to love as he is to hate.
3. Michael Rooker became such an expert on zombies during his time on The Walking Dead that the Mythbusters invited him on to help with their zombie myth episode. It was fantastic and he fit in so well with those two guys!
4. Michael Rooker loves his fans and he goes to as many cons as he can. He constantly shares fanart on his social media accounts. He is the kind of actor that we love because he’s just as amazing off screen as he is on it. He is an all around good guy.
5. Michael Rooker has over 100 acting credits to his name and if you take a look through his filmography, you will see the large range of roles he’s played through the years. He can be any character he puts his mind too and he deserves more credit for his work.
6. He’s an Alabama boy which means that not only is he an amazing actor but he’s also a southern gentleman. He played a Georgia boy in The Walking Dead and he did an exceptional job. He is easily one of the most believable actors on that show when it comes to a southern accent.
7. The Walking Dead wasn’t his only adventure into the zombie world. He was also in a sci fi thriller called Slither where aliens turned people into zombies. It’s like Stranger Things meets TWD and he shined brighter than anyone else in that film.
8. Not only is Rooker an outstanding actor but as we’ve alluded to above, he is a fun guy and apparently he can twerk. We, of course, are having fun with this one but if the end of the interview is any indication, he has a lot of potential especially with that bump move.
9. He has acted in classics like Days of Thunder, Tombstone and many more. Michael Rooker has a career that spans the ages and we just can’t wait to see what else he’ll do!
10. He’s an all around great guy and he treats his fans like family while also acting his ass off onscreen. Take a look at Michael Rooker being a star!