- The title of the episode is “Quick Hardening Caulk” and it sounded so much more hilarious when introduced by creator Liz Meriwether. It is, in my opinion, one of the most hysterical episodes the show’s had so far.
- Jess finally admits that she wants Nick. She wants him bad, and the way she looks lustfully into his eyes every time they’re in the same room is the best. Her goo goo eyes and subtle lip biting make the episode so much funnier.
- Nick and Jess take a visit to the hardware store, after he asks her for a ride. The scenes are filled with sexual euphemisms that’ll definitely make you laugh. This is where the episode’s title comes in.
- After Nick accidentally hits her on the chin with a wooden rod and knocks her out, Jess is loopy on pain meds. Nick brings her hot soup to bed, but Jess wants to sex him up! She tells Nick how she really feels and tries to pull him onto bed but he ends up burning his hand on the soup. When the effects of the meds subside, Jess doesn’t remember anything.
- Nick has been sleeping his new manager. He starts feeling conflicted after finding out Jess might actually want a relationship with him. This prompts him to put an end to the fling, later in the episode.
- Schmidt spends most of his time with Winston, who tries to distract him from moping around over Cece’s recent engagement. Schmidt insists that he’s not sad over it, but it’s obvious he is.
- Winston takes him to an aquarium, where Schmidt becomes obsessed with a protected fish species. He wants the fish and he’s going to do anything to get it. He even buys a fish tank and sets it up in the loft. The group eventually realizes his obsession with wanting to keep the fish is because he thinks of it as being Cece.
- Winston and Schmidt go to the beach to try to capture one of these fish but Schmidt ends up getting stung by a jelly fish. I’m sure we’ve all heard pee is good to stop the stinging, right? I’ll leave it at that.
- While Schmidt is at the hospital recuperating from his incident, Cece shows up and brings him the fish he’s been wanting. Winston tells her he’s hurting because of her and it would be better if she left before he wakes up.
- Nick confronts Jess about her feelings. He asks her if she really does want to have sex with him and she admits that she does. There’s a lot of kissing and mouth noises but right when Jess is about to take her clothes off, Nick accidentally breaks Schmidt’s fish tank. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.
- They start arguing over it and they both go to their rooms, only to come back out and kiss one more time before retreating again.