If starring in Con Air with Nick Cage was easy for John Malkovich, then playing paramedic should be a bloody walk in the park.
The Oscar nominated actor can now add “Hero” to his resume after saving an Ohio man who had a freak accident with a scaffolding pole (those darn scaffolding poles—like rabid pit-bulls!).
The man was visiting Toronto with his wife when he stumbled into the pole outside his hotel and gashed his neck open. He fell and was profusely bleeding into the street until Malkovich and restaurateur, Ben Quinn, came to the man’s aid.
"I believe [Malkovich] was having a cigarette and witnessed the whole thing happening, he placed his hand and started applying pressure to the man’s neck and didn’t let go until the ambulance arrived," Chris Mathias, the doorman for the King Edward Hotel, said.
Malkovich has yet to comment on the incident, but let’s be honest—he’s just Being John Malkovich.