We are all still shocked and stunned by the more than sudden death of Glee star Cory Monteith this past Saturday night, and it may be quite some time before any of the fans find themselves able to get past this.
More details in regards to Cory’s last night are slowly being revealed.
E! News has confirmed from many different sources that it was discovered that there were a lot of alcohol and a large amount of unidentified substances in his room the night he passed. There are still no details in regards to the cause of his death, but the autopsy report should be released at some point later this week.
It’s being reported that Cory had been partying with some friends in at least one club in Vancouver on Saturday night.
A source has said, “Yes, he had recently been drinking alcohol, but not to the extent there was any alcohol poisoning kind of impact.” According to surveillance footage, the source says that Cory returned to his hotel room alone sometime around 2 am.
A bottle of wine was allegedly found in his room, but it is custom for that hotel to give wine as a gift to guests. Investigators have said, in regards to the unidentified substances, that they are not assuming any connection between them and a possible cause of death, “Just in case he had an underlying medical condition.”
Cory’s personal doctors have been contacted to determine if there could have been any contributing factors to his death, such as a heart condition.
As of Monday, the 22nd floor – where Cory’s room was located – has been blocked off and other guests have been asked to switch rooms.