When pictures were published by a Sunday paper of TV chef Nigella Lawson being apparently “strangled” by her husband Charles Saatchi, he was quick to laugh it off as a “playful tiff”. However, it appears that Nigella may not feel the same way.
The incident which took place around a week ago when the married couple were seen outside a London restaurant and Mr Saatchi, 70, was seen to grab Ms Lawson by the throat. This was during a supposedly heated argument which the Metropolitan Police are currently investigating despite no complaint being made by Ms Lawson.
(WARNING Image Below May Be Disturbing To Some Readers)
According to her representatives, Ms Lawson has currently moved out of the marital home although it is not known whether it is a temporary or permanent move. Following the disagreement which happened at Scott’s restaurant in Mayfair, Nigella was seen leaving the restaurant with tears in her eyes.
Apparently this is the not the first time that Mr Saatchi has been seen “reprimanding” his wife in public. In December at the same restaurant the reclusive art collector was seen to clap his hand over Nigella’s mouth to keep her quiet.
Charles Saatchi told the London Evening Standard that “Nigella’s tears were because we both hate arguing, not because she had been hurt,” he claimed, adding that he and Lawson “made up by the time we were home.” He also said in the same interview that the pictures “give a far more drastic and violent impression of what took place.”
Nigella has recently been spending much of her time in America, promoting her cookbooks and her new show The Taste.