Content Editor & Managing Editor
Erika:Each week, we here at PopWrapped have spent hours gushing about in our recaps of The Voice about Team Usher’s Michelle Chamuel. We really do love her to bits and thinks she has what it takes to win the whole damn thing. We even wrote a piece about sharing who she was as a way for the world to get a little glimpse of the woman we have come to love dearly. We are going to do something a little different with this piece. Instead of our usual gushfest, we are actually going to break it down and give you reasons as to why Michelle Chamuel deserves to be this season champion on The Voice.
Bec:So with The Voice finale coming to an end for season four, we here at PopWrapped have the contestant that we are going to be rooting for like hell. Team Usher’s Michelle Chamuel is our girl. She has been since the beginning.
Quirky, charming, awkward and endearing she has given us a fun ride that is filled with just amazingness. She wears her thick-framed glasses and shows off an amazing emotional range in her voice. We want to hear her sing and then hang out to soak up some awesome.
So without further ado here are our five reasons (each) that we love Michelle and want her to win.
5) Bec: She follows her heart and her head. When Michelle auditioned, she did something that made me like her instantly. She asked the three coaches (Adam, Shakira and Usher) how they would help her improve on the show. I liked that instantly. Some artists that come on the show think that they don’t need improvement. Michelle was willing to admit that she still needed help and guidance in order to become a better performer. When the time came, however, she went with what her heart was telling and picked her coach Usher. It made me like her instantly.
Erika:She’s not country! Sorry to all you country fans but the other two acts are so generic country that I don’t see how anyone will be able to tell them apart from all the other country acts out there.
4) Bec:How physical she is on stage. Evidenced by any of her performances, when Michelle performs then she performs. Onstage she wants the entire audience moving with her. She puts her whole body into the song through bending, jumping, fist pumping or squatting. Michelle Chamuel is a very physical and emotionally driven performer in the best way.
Erika:Her personality shines through everything she does. From sad songs to energetic songs, Michelle never fails to make her mark and give us the same quirky girl that America first met.
3) Bec:She embraces who she is. Michelle Chamuel knows that she is an awkward nerdy person. She wants to represent the awkward nerdy people in the world. More importantly, she wants to give them a good role model. As an awkward nerdy person, I would have adored to have someone like Michelle on my TV in any capacity growing up. I would loved to have someone like her to look up to. As an adult, I think she is a good influence on those kids who are weird, nerdy and awkward. They have someone that they can look up to who is adore. Michelle is just proof that the awkward nerdy people are taking over the world and embracing who they are. We adore her for it.
Erika:She knows how to dig down deep. I’m not talking about when she squats down to hit the power notes. I’m talking about when she really gets to the heart of the song and makes you really think about the lyrics. The emotional depth that her voice gives off during some of the deeper subject wise songs she tackles really makes you consider the lyrics and get the meaning behind the song.
2) Bec:Her utter adorkableness is just…adorkable. From singing with Fall Out Boy to chomping down on a head of lettuce, Michelle is just the most adorkable contestant the show has ever had. Seriously no one is ever going to top her in the randomness of what she does in The Voice Confessionals. She made sock puppet Usher a reality! I didn’t even know I WANTED that until I saw it. Now we could have a whole list dedicated to Michelle’s adorableness. BuzzFeed helped with this little list dedicated to that. I agree a hundred percent with everything on there.
Erika:She’s a breath of fresh air. The woman, when she sings an upbeat song, definitely knows how to give you so much energy that you feel so much better after you listen to her songs.
1) Bec:Her epic bromance with Usher is the best. Michelle and Usher have the most epic coach-contestant bromance ever. Usher truly adores Michelle and respects her as an artist. Michelle loves her coach to the core and even dedicates a song to him. They both respect each other. It’s not just coach-singer relationship. They seem to be legitimately friends. Usher truly adores this quirky, alternative electronic pop rocker. Michelle thinks her coach is the best ever. When Michelle was saved first in the Top Five. Usher looked like Christmas came early. There is a level of trust there. I mean I know the contestants and coaches trust each other. With Michelle and Usher though it’s different. There is just a different vibe with them and it makes you happy watching. Michelle’s performances are fantastic. It’s her relationship with Usher, however, that drives us to see more. I want to see them interacting. I love seeing this partnership and respect with both them.
Erika:She is unique. Honestly, if you were turn on the radio right now and listen to about five songs, I can promise you that you won’t find another voice that sounds like hers. Her voice is so distinctive that she would stand out to you. The feels that she gives off in her vocals are one of kind.
And this is why we have #4eyesontheprize!