Bec Heim Content Editor
The Zen of Being “Totally Awesome”
Or How the Very Potter Musicals Helped Form My Life Philosophy.
It’s kind of bittersweet that we say goodbye to the series of Potter musicals. More to the point, it’s pretty freakin’ sad because there will be no more after this.
However, in light of this bittersweetness I’ve decided in my StarKid tribute to inform you of some life lessons I’ve learned from the musicals and how they ultimately helped me become the person I am today.
These life lessons from StarKid have helped me (and others) find the true inner peace and some form of happiness of being “totally awesome”.
LIFE LESSONS FROM STARKID
1) No matter what everyone thinks about you; strut like you’re supermegafoxyawesomehot.
2) The only people who aren’t “totally awesome” are the people who hate on others for being themselves (example: FoxNews).
3) Your friends can get you through a lot of things like defeating Dark Lords, Umbridge’s insanity, evil alien bugs and gangs of roaming super villians. So treat them with love.
4) You gotta say no to the status quo. Who wants to be normal anyway?
5) Bright blue headbands are amazing. No one who gets it is just a hater.
6) Number five also applies to hot pink sunglasses.
7) Red Vines: What the hell can’t they do?
8) When you love someone so much but they don’t see you. There is someone else that loves you just as much.
9) Killing people doesn’t make them like you, it just makes them dead.
10) There is ALWAYS a place that will accept you. No matter your quirks. No matter your gender, race, sexuality or creed. There is ALWAYS a place where you will be loved, accepted, break into song and be totally awesome.
These life lessons taken from StarKid’s plays have helped me become a better, more tolerant and loving person. Through humor and heart, these plays have reached a wider audience and connected all of us deeply. So let’s wipe those tears and carry on this proud tradition of being “totally awesome”.