Jaws is a timeless classic that is known as the first summer blockbuster and has spawned years worth of shark films like: Deep Blue Sea, Sharknado, Open Water and many more. What sets Jaws apart from the other movies that came later is the iconic characters and the timeless use of suspense. Of course John William's brilliant score added something special as well. Let's revisit this great film with the best ten scenes in the order which they appeared in the film.
1. The first attack, where we never saw the shark but still felt a little afraid to go in the water.
2. When Chief Brody had 0 time for anyone while he's shark watching on the beach.
3. The first time we meet Quint in any official capacity. Too bad they waited to hire him.
4. When Chief Brody was absolutely adorable with his young son at the dinner table. This was the film's big 'aw' moment.
5. Ben Gardner's head. Does this scene need anymore explanation?
6. Quint meets Hooper before they head out to sea to get the shark. This scene brought the great divide and had original fans breaking into teams: Team Quint and Team Hooper. We are very much on Team Quint though. "Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies."
7. "You're gonna need a bigger boat." This famous line was improvised, and it was the first time we really see the shark in the film.
8. The barrel chase! The best part about this scene is the music. It's resonates with victory, and the second best thing is Quint screaming at Hooper. Ok we're biased.
9. The bonding scene. This scene where Quint, Hooper, and Brody drink while discussing their scars, and then Quint goes into the tale of the USS Indinappolis is the best in the film. "Mary Ellen Moffatt, she broke my heart!"
10. The ending which like the scene above is comprised of two parts. Quint's demise is part 1, which broke our hearts. Fun fact: They wanted Robert Shaw to come back in Jaws 2 as a different character because he was so amazing as Quint. Part 2 is the scene where Chief Brody finally mans up and kills the shark. "Smile, you son of a..."
Unfortunately, the Mythbusters disproved the above scene as possible.
And finally we will leave you with a hilarious deleted scene featuring Quint being Quint. Did we miss your favorite scene? Sound off with a favorite line or moment from the epic classic Jaws.