We hate reporting news like this.
Shain Gandee of MTV’s Buckwild was found dead on Monday. The 21 year old reality star, his Uncle David Gandee and Donald Robert Meyers were found dead in Gandee’s car in West Virginia. The group was set to spend the weekend off-roading, but when they failed to return the family began to search before calling 911.
One of the reasons Gandee was chosen for Buckwild was due to the fact that he lived off the grid. Working as a trash man, Shain did not own a cell phone or watch TV. MTV released a statement regading Shain’s death as well as halting production on season 2 of Buckwild.
“We are shocked and saddened by the terrible news about Shain Gandee, and those involved in this tragic incident. We are waiting for more information but at this time, our main concern is for the Gandee family and their friends. Our thoughts and prayers are with them. Shain had a magnetic personality, with a passion for life that touched everyone he met and we will miss him dearly.”
The Kanawha County Sheriff’s Office announced today that the deaths have been ruled accidental. Gandee’s 1984 Ford Bronco was found stuck in the mud where the tailpipe was submerged. Resulting in carbon monoxide poisoning. The full autopsy results were not released and the carbon monoxide poisoning is thought to be only a partial cause.
Shain rose to fame on MTV’s Buckwild which chronicled the lives of Gandee and eight other 20 somethings living in Sissonville. Despite getting negative attention about playing into the hillbilly stereotype the show was the number 1 rated original cable series on Thursday nights.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Gandee and Meyers families at this time.
http://www.YouTube.com/PopWrapped (COMING SOON!)
http://www.PopWrapped.com (COMING SOON!)